Thursday, February 28, 2013

STAMPED CANDLEHOLDER

My wrist is now out of a cast and I'm back to crafting.  My first post-fractured wrist project is a stamped candleholder.  I picked up the square clear glass candle holder at a thrift store for $.50.  Check out your local dollar stores for candleholders to stamp on.

Clean your candleholder well.  Vinegar and water is good to clean glass with. 
Make sure the glass is completely dry before sponging.  I sponged all sides with an ochre permanent ink.  Acrylic paint would work just as well. 
Using a Judikins shell cube stamp, I stamped a different shell on each side with burnt sienna fluid chalk ink by Colorbox.  Again, acrylic paint would work just as well.  I heat set the fluid chalk ink.
I applied Distress Stickles in straw to the top rim and bottom half inch of the candleholder.  Real shells were glued to the bottom using the Distress Stickles as glue.
Put in a votive candle and you're all set for those summer nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment