Thursday, April 12, 2012

EMBOSSED METAL







Those plastic embossing folders are not just for paper. I had a package of metal patina squares from Fire Mountain Gems that are perfect for the embossing folders. I put the square in the folder and ran it through my Big Shot machine. I then sanded the embossed butterfly which took the color off and let the gold colored metal show through. I finished the piece by squirting on some Diamond Glaze and spreading it over the front with my finger. I attached the finished embossed square to a metal filigree round with a jump ring and strung the pendant with coordinating beads.

2 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful necklace you made with those squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I just joined the Yahoo ranger group and now they are gettin rid of it. I guess I'm not surprised since I've searched for every ranger thing possible , yet I found that group by accident and didn't even know what a Yahoo group was lol. Anyways, I'll be sure to follow your blog :)

    ReplyDelete